SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE AND CLEAN ENERGY
What is Agri PV?
Agricultural Photovoltaics (Agri PV) is the combined use of an area of land. It's primary function is agricultural production, and it serves a secondary use for electricity production, using a photovoltaic system.
The dual use of the land leads not only to a more efficient use of the land for both ecological and economical purposes, it also leads to positive synergy effects between agricultural production and the Agri PV system.
Shared land, shared benefits
- Additional revenues for agriculture
- Crisis-proof in the event of climate-related crop losses
- Regional and simultaneous production of electricity and food
- Higher social acceptance due to the slightest loss of space
- No competition for land from food production (agricultural use: 80%, flowering strips: 18%, plant components: 2%)
- Moist soils due to partial shading and wind protection
DIN SPEC 91434
DIN SPEC 91434 outlines the requirements for the main agricultural use in the field of Agricultural Photovoltaics (Agri PV). In doing so, it sets requirements for the planning, operation, documentation and operational monitoring, as well as measurement indicators for the test procedure for the quality assurance of Agri PV systems. Obligations include items such as light intensity and light distribution below the Agri-PV system, which are also adapted to the needs of the respective crop. Ideematec's Agri PV solution sets the standard for these prerequisites and fully aligns with all necessary specifications. We can guide you in this process, contact us to discuss your project further.